If there is one thing about my childhood that makes me smile, it would have to be dyeing Easter eggs with my brother and sister. We’d get out the gallon of vinegar, food coloring, stickers and plastic wrappers and go to town. Now that I get to dye Easter Eggs with my own boys, those happy memories come flooding back.
This year I am going to take things up a notch. My boys are now 8 and 10 years old, so we can spend more time making more intricate designs and really experiment with what takes to make Easter Eggs with these 23 Fun and Creative Ways to Decorate Easter Eggs!
23 Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
1. Studio DIY has cornered the market on creating the perfect Easter Egg. So much so that I kinda just want to eat these DIY Hamburger Easter Eggs, and don’t forget those faux fries on the side! Ha!! TOO cute!!!
2. Lil Luna shows us how to create amazing Subway Art Painted Easter Eggs in this tutorial. I’m totally doing one with my name. Or my kids’ names – I guess I should do that too. 😉
3. A Pumpkin and a Princess has created EASY and ADORABLE little Dyed Ninja Turtles Easter Eggs. I’m rooting for Michelangelo.
4. Have little little ones? Fun At Home With Kids has this tutorial for Toddler Friendly Egg Decorating using crayons and liquid watercolors. Genius!
5. My eight year old has proclaimed his love for these Totally Awesome DIY Lego Easter Eggs from It’s Always Autumn. These. Are. Perfect!
6. Ahhhhh!!! Look at these a-d-o-r-ab-l-e Chick Easter Eggs from It All Started With Paint. Those little feathers kill me! Love!!
7. Dream a Little Bigger shows us how to make art studio worthy Watercolor Floral Eggs. So pretty, and so easy too!
8. Lovely Indeed has captured the Valentine Heart candy theme with these DIY Typography Easter Eggs. Nie merge of two of my favorite holidays!
9. Landee See Landee Do – and she sure does with these Confetti Painted Easter Eggs. What’s better than confetti?!
10. Cactus Easter Eggs are flippin’ adorable. They look like tiny little cactus, just hanging out for Easter! Ha! Simply awesome, Delia Creates!
11. Studio DIY shows us how to make DIY Emoji Easter Eggs. My ten year old wants to know where the “poop” emoji is. Haha!!
12. Glitter Eggs are perfect for the little lady in the house. I love the pink heart one by Lil Luna.
13. A Pumpkin and a Princess – Dyed Minion Easter Eggs
14. These DIY Washi Tape Easter Eggs by Lovely Indeed are quite possibly the easiest tutorial in this list.
15. A Night Owl Blog makes these eggs look like legit carrots in this DIY Carrot Easter Eggs tutorial. Perfect for the Easter Bunny!
16. Our Best Bites uses Silk-Dyed Eggs – SILK y’all! These are GORGEOUS!
17. My eight year old is a big tie dye fan. These Three Ways Tie-Dyed Eggs from Tattooed Martha are perfect!
18. Aww Sam shows you how to make awesome DIY Typography Sand Art Easter Eggs. Spell your name or any other word you can think of. How cool is that?!
19. Crafts by Amanda has her own roundup of 7 Cool Ways to Decorate Easter Eggs. I love those marbled AND the speckled eggs!
20. These I Love You Stinky Face Eggheads by Toddler Approved are just that – toddler approved and easy to complete!
21. While you can’t eat the eggs in this DIY Sprinkle Easter Eggs from Studio DIY, they sure are adorable for decorative purposes!
22. Lil Luna shows us how to make easy Polka Dot Easter Eggs with this tutorial.
23. A Pumpkin and a Princess was saved for last because I love it the most! These Disney Frozen Easter Eggs are absolutely PERFECT!
Which Easter Egg decorating idea will you try? I love them all, but I am definitely going to try the Lego and the Emoji. The Stinky Face Eggheads are a close third!
More fun before you go:
Frog Bookmark Amigurumi Crochet Pattern
An Egg-cellent Apron: Free Crochet Pattern
How to Create Planned Yarn Color Transitions in Crochet
How We Bought a Propane Grill for Just $4 + Tax
How to Change Colors in Crochet
Join us here at Heart • Hook • Home and get CROCHET tips and DIY ideas, YARN hacks and FREE crochet patterns + yummy new RECIPES along with FAMILY and HEART + BUDGETING tips sent directly to your email!