Another quick, easy, and tasty casserole recipe! This one is good for those nice and lazy evenings that you’re craving some comfort food, but don’t want to work hard for it. Usually pretty cheap to make as well, which is always a plus.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- – 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (thawed)
- – (1) 10 oz. can of cream of chicken soup (or make your own!)
- – 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed veggies
- – 3/4 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- – 1/2 onion (diced)
- – 1 tsp minced garlic (or 1/8 tsp of garlic powder)
- – 1 1/3 cup water
- – 1 cup shredded cheese
- – 1 cup french fried onions
- – Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 375. In baking dish mix together soup, rice, veggies, onion, garlic, salt & pepper, and water. Lay (uncooked) chicken breasts on top of rice mixture. Season top of chicken if desired, cover, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Lastly, top with cheese and french fried onions and bake for an additional few minutes (uncovered) or until the fried onions start to turn a nice brown color. Let stand for 5 minutes or so.
I think you’re gonna like how easy this one is to throw together, enjoy!!
Join us here at Heart • Hook • Home and get CROCHET tips and DIY ideas, YARN hacks and FREE crochet patterns + yummy new RECIPES along with FAMILY and HEART + BUDGETING tips sent directly to your email!