Tuna casserole. Super easy and crazy good, a definite go-to comfort food in our house. Whether a tuna fan or not, you ought to give this one a try. Most ingredients came straight out of our (couponed) stockpile. Always a bonus!
– (1) 8 oz. Package of No Yolk or Regular Egg Noodles
– 5-10 ounces of Canned or Pouched Tuna (drained)
– (2) 10 oz. Cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
– 1 1/2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar or Colby Cheese
– 1 Cup Frozen Peas
– 1 Small Onion (diced)
– 1/4 cup Milk
– (1) 4 oz. Can of Sliced Mushrooms (optional)
– (1) Small Can of French Fried Onions
– Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 375. Cook noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain. In large bowl combine noodles, 1 cup of the shredded cheese and remaining ingredients (except for french fried onions) and thoroughly stir together. Add mixture to medium sized baking dish, add remaining 1/2 cup of cheese to top of casserole and cook (covered) for 30-35 mins. Remove lid, add french fried onions, and bake (uncovered) for an additional 5 mins. Enjoy. And seriously, who wouldn’t?
Be Part of Our Tribe!
Subscribe to Heart • Hook • Home and get CROCHET tips and DIY ideas, YARN hacks and FREE crochet patterns + yummy new RECIPES along with FAMILY and HEART + BUDGETING tips sent directly to your email!