Sure, beer is good by itself, but mix it in with some beans, meat, tomatoes, and seasonings and you’ve got a culinary masterpiece. It’s even better on cold or wet days like today. Here’s what you’ll need.
– (1) lb. ground beef or turkey (or more…)
– (1) 10 oz. can of ro-tel or red gold diced tomatoes w/ green chilis
– (1) 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
– (1) 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
– (1) 12 oz. can of Budweiser (or beer of choice)
– (1) 15 oz. can of chili beans
– (1) 15 oz. can of dark or light red kidney beans (drained)
– (1) large onion (I cook 1/2 in with the meat and cut up the rest and use as a garnish)
– (1) fresh jalapeno (diced) or (1) small can of chopped jalapenos
– 1 tbsp Chili powder
– 1 tsp Cumin
– 1 tsp white vinegar
– 1 tsp honey
– 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp. black pepper
-1/4 tsp. salt
Dice up onion and add 1/2 to ground beef or turkey. Brown in skillet. drain excess grease. Add cooked meat/onions to remaining ingredients in large pot and simmer on low heat for at least an hour (but no hurry, the longer the better). This also works well in the crockpot too. Top with corn chips, shredded cheese, raw onions and possibly some Tabasco. Enjoy.
Join us here at Heart • Hook • Home and get CROCHET tips and DIY ideas, YARN hacks and FREE crochet patterns + yummy new RECIPES along with FAMILY and HEART + BUDGETING tips sent directly to your email!