There’s something about homemade green burritos that makes me happy. The salsa verde mixed with melted cheeses and pork or chicken… I can’t resist! What’s even better? Making the mixture in the slow cooker. If you love easy and using your slow cooker, this one’s for you!
Paul’s OMG Slow Cooker Green Burritos
– 2-3 lbs. of your favorite cut of pork or chicken
– (1) 14 oz. can of chicken broth (or in a pinch I’ve used a couple cups of water and some chicken bouillon)
– (1) large onion (diced)
– (1) jalapeno (sliced)
– (1) 15 oz. can of black beans (drained)
– (1) 15 oz. can of pinto beans (drained)
– (1) 28 oz. can of green chili/chile verde enchilada sauce (or two smaller cans)
– (1) 7 oz. can of salsa verde
– (1) 4 oz. can of green chilies (diced)
– fresh cilantro (4-6 sprigs)
– (1) tsp minced garlic
– (1) block or bag of cheddar or monterrey jack and cheddar cheese
– salt, black, and cayenne pepper (to taste)
– (1) package of large flour tortillas
– sour cream (optional garnish)
– green onions (optional garnish)
– green Tabasco or any green jalapeno pepper sauce (optional garnish)
Okay ladies and gentleman start your engines – and by that I mean turn your crock pots to low. 😉 Add chicken broth, 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water, meat (whole), garlic, diced white or yellow onion, and sliced jalapeno to crock pot. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt, black, and cayenne pepper. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours or until tender.
Drain juices. Cut meat into good sized chunks (and debone if necessary) return to crock pot. Add enchilada sauce, salsa, green chilies, beans, and cilantro. Stir. Cover and cook for an additional hour. Place generous helping onto flour tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, roll up burrito, pour a little green sauce on top, sprinkle again with cheese and microwave for approx. 1 min. or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream, green onions, and some green Tabasco. These also make for some killer leftovers (almost better). This is definitely one of my personal favorites. Enjoy!!
See more of our slow cooker recipes before you go:
Winter Kale Soup Slow Cooker Recipe
Easy Slow Cooker Potato Soup: Traditional, Bacon Cheeseburger, and Low Fat!
Slow Cooker Chicken Mix :: Use for Quesadillas, Salads, Burritos, Nachos, Chicken Casserole, Tex-Mex Soup, Baked Potatoes or Chicken Tacos!
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes :: From Raw to Ready Crock-Pot Recipe!
E*A*S*Y Slow Cooker 10 Bean & Ham Recipe AND Homemade Cornbread!
Be Part of Our Tribe!
Subscribe to Heart • Hook • Home and get CROCHET tips and DIY ideas, YARN hacks and FREE crochet patterns + yummy new RECIPES along with FAMILY and HEART + BUDGETING tips sent directly to your email!