We love stuffed peppers around here. Since we brown most of our meat in advance, this meal is prepared even quicker when we need it to be. Those soccer practices, baseball games, tutoring…
These peppers are very versatile. Add extra cheese or onion, omit the tomatoes if you’re not a fan. We also have used half sausage and half ground beef in a pinch! Doesn’t get much easier than this, and you will definitely want to make leftovers.
Paul’s Classic Stuffed Peppers Recipe (Make Leftovers!)
For this recipe you’ll need:
- 4-6 Large Bell Peppers (your choice of color)
- 1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef (sometimes I’ll also add in 1/2 lb of pork sausage)
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce (substitute with El Pato Mexican Tomato Sauce or add some or a lot of sriracha for added kick)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 TBL worcestershire sauce
- 1 Small onion (diced)
- 1-TBL minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Large Tomato (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional garnish)
- Sliced green onions (optional garnish)
Preheat oven to 375. Brown ground beef (if you haven’t already) and add in your onions to cook down. In saucepan, cook rice, set aside. Cut the tops off and remove the membranes from peppers. Completely submerge peppers in water and boil for 5-7 minutes. Combine the browned meat and onion mixture the with remaining ingredients in large bowl (minus cheese and sour cream) and mix thoroughly.
Stand Peppers up in baking dish and stuff peppers with the meat mixture. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Top each pepper with a slice of tomato if you like and then top with shredded cheese. Bake for roughly 5 more minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted. Enjoy!
If you like these peppers, be sure to check out our other fantastic recipes!
Be Part of Our Tribe!
Subscribe to Heart • Hook • Home and get CROCHET tips and DIY ideas, YARN hacks and FREE crochet patterns + yummy new RECIPES along with FAMILY and HEART + BUDGETING tips sent directly to your email!