Do you get excited about saving 25¢? You might be frugal. Do you prefer to kill as many birds with one stone as possible? You might be one of those super frugal people.
Shameless Things Frugal People Do
1. Celebrate a great deal. Frugal wins are definitely cause for celebration.
2. Then you have to tell everyone about it. Find a super amazing deal on an item you were looking at purchasing anyway? Call your grandma, that deal was just TOO good.
3. Your friends expect you to always have a deal. They will randomly send you messages or texts asking if you’ve seen a deal on such and such lately. BOGO tickets to the Zoo? I’ve got ’em.
4. You sneak food in to the movies like a pro. Everyday I’m smugglin’ (candy in my purse). I’m a smuggler y’all.
5. Accept free/used things from friends and family. Oh, you’re going to give me your old bakeware? Okay!
6. When the thrift store is too pricey. They want FOUR DOLLARS for this shirt?! Robbery.
7. Thinking you can make anything you see in the store cheaper. $40 my butt. Hand me my glue gun and a paint brush and let me get to work.
8. You hit Sam’s Club or Costco at just the right time (and you KNOW the time) so you can have a meal while you shop. No, I wasn’t just through your line 10 minutes ago. I have no idea what you mean. 😐
9. Can’t pass up a coupon in the store. Oh, you’re giving away coupons with those samples? I’ll take five, thank you.
10. You get buyers remorse before you even get to checkout. Those four whole dollars for that shirt?! I can’t even.
11. You feel guilty buying things you actually need. Do these kids really need to eat?!
12. You can’t wait to be able to order off of the senior menu (or you are sad that your kids are too old for the kids menu).
13. Your kids are “only 9” instead of 10 when you go out to eat – and they do it automatically.
13. You convince yourself you don’t really need something. No, no, I don’t really need to buy a new washer and dryer, if I hit it really hard in this one certain spot it will finish the cycle.
14. Always pick up change. A penny found is a penny going in my pocket.
What else do frugal people #shamelessly do?
Join us here at Heart • Hook • Home and get CROCHET tips and DIY ideas, YARN hacks and FREE crochet patterns + yummy new RECIPES along with FAMILY and HEART + BUDGETING tips sent directly to your email!