Soooo I just jumped on the Instagram bandwagon not too long ago. Yeah, I’m a little late to the party, but better late than never! Follow me for a glimpse into our crazy, busy, funny and dare I say interesting lives.
I’ve discovered that you can not save photos from Instagram to your phone like you can on Facebook or other webpages by pressing and holding the image. This is old news to many of you Instagram buffs, but I was bummed.
I want to save those photos of my nieces or nephews or other photos that I’d like to have printed or to use as my background on my phone or computer. Whyyyyyyyy do they make it so difficult?!
Now, I can totally see how saving other peoples photos could be portrayed as kinda stalker-ish. But we’re related so it’s cool. That’s what I’m telling my self anyway. LOL!
In order to save photos from Instagram, you’ll need to find the source code. Sounds hard, but it literally takes two seconds once you know what you’re doing. Don’t worry! I’ll walk you through it. 😀
How to Save Photos From Instagram to Your Computer
1. Head on over to Instagram and find the person you’re wanting to
stalk save the photo from. Find the photo? Click it.
Here’s one of mine if you’re at a loss.
2. Now that the photo is pulled up, you’ll RIGHT click it and select “view page source”. Like this:
3. This will open up a new page with a bunch of html code. Whoa.
4. Don’t freak out.
5. Do a control+find (hold your Ctrl key down while also hitting the “f” key) and type in jpg like this. You’re searing for a jpg url. I did a search on this image, and here it is!
6. Now copy the URL from that last line. Copy and paste that into a new browser window. Voila!
This is the URL from the image we’re using in the example above:
In short, you’ll right click and view page source, then find the “jpg” in the source code, copy and paste into a new window and you’re done! After a few times, you’ll be an Instagram photo savin’ fool!
LET'S BE CRAFT FRIENDS!
There's more where this came from! Ready for CROCHET tips, YARN hacks and crochet PATTERNS sent directly to your inbox?