Having one of those days where nothing sounds good. You don’t want to leave the house or get off the couch, much less shower? Wait, what’s that smell?
Just wanna throw on some yoga pants, put your hair in a bun with some sunglasses? Sure, I love those days myself but too many of them and you’ll find yourself in a slump.
I’ve had quite a few of those days lately, and I’m working on a positive attitude and a bright outlook. When life’s got you down, and there’s no way to turn and no one to give you the kick in the rear you need, ask yourself these questions, and see if it doesn’t kickstart your positive attitude onto a healthier mindset and path.
9 Questions to Get Yourself Motivated When Nothing is Exciting
1. Have you showered today? If that answer is “no”, get up right now and get in the shower. Wake yourself up and shake off the funk. Figuratively and literally.
And put on some JEANS or a cute dress. Why not?
2. Have you complimented someone today? With a genuine compliment? Take the time to make a genuine compliment – in person or online. That will not only brighten their day, but you will benefit from it as well. Make it count, make it REAL.
3. Feeling unattractive? Screw that. Post a selfie (after you take the shower 😉 ). Your friends will help you realize how beautiful you are, inside and out.
4. Have you drank enough water today? If you’re anything like me, chances are that answer is no. Get yourself a nice cold glass of water and perk up.
5. Have you stretched your limbs today? Stretching helps to get your body ready for movement. If you get up and stretch, you’ll be more apt to stay moving. Ready for more after stretching? Take a walk around the block!
6. Have you eaten recently? Have a high protein snack. Consider some nuts or cheeses, or a combination of the two.
7. When is the last time you danced? If it’s been a while, put on your favorite jams and get up and MOVE. Move around to an upbeat song to get the good juices flowing. 80s rock is always a hit around here.
8. Do you feel unproductive? Stop whatever you’re doing and complete a task. It could be small like emptying the dryer or taking that shower or responding to emails – anything small and that needs to be done.
9. Do you have pets? Sometimes just a good hug or a good cuddle from your pets is all you need. Better yet? cuddle with your significant other or your child. Physical touch is so very important for both parties.
What are some other ways you jumpstart your motivation? Seems like I could use them all lately.