What is your favorite thing about cold weather? For me it has to be snow and watching the snowflakes as they fall, and how no two of them are alike. Happily, we can make our own snowflakes with crochet! This roundup features my favorite free snowflake crochet patterns, plus some!
12 Snowflake Crochet Patterns
The holidays are right around the corner, and its never too early to be prepared! Whether you use these snowflake crochet patterns to decorate your front window, the Christmas tree, or maybe even to use as coasters, these twelve free snowflake crochet patterns are sure to fit the bill!
If you plan to stiffen your snowflakes, you could either use a solution of 1/2 Elmer’s Glue and 1/2 water OR try this recipe for Homemade Crafting Starch! Now onto the slowflake patterns!
Beautiful Snowflake Patterns
1. This Crochet Snowflake from The Purple Poncho is just gorgeous!
2. If you’re wanting to add some color to your snowflakes – which would be gorgeous as Christmas tree ornaments! – this Colorful Crochet Snowflake pattern is perfection. So delicate and so sweet!
3. The Victorian Blush snowflake pattern from Kirsten Holloway designs is technically a flower, but such an elegant design.
4. If you’ve got 5 minutes and a bit of white yarn you can whip up these quick little 5-Minute snowflakes! Perfect for decorating your front windows.
6. I am loving the look of this elegant snowflake. This is Grandma Jennie’s Snowflake pattern – and I think it might be my favorite!
7. Repeat Crafter Me has a beautiful snowflake pattern using worsted weight (Aran) yarn. Since most of the other snowflakes in this list use a crochet thread, this pattern is something you can try if you don’t have any crochet thread on hand!
8. If you’re looking specifically for ornaments to hang on your Christmas tree, this Snowflake Ornament pattern is for you!
10. I love this Free Snowflake pattern because you can use your favorite yarn and your favorite hook. Want a larger snowflake? Use a larger hook and a larger yarn!
11. This Antarctica Snowflake is about the most unique I’ve seen! I am in love with the points and the color and the intricate design. Gorgeous!! I hope you love this one, too!
12. I’ve saved my personal favorite for last. This is the Sunday Snowflake and it is simply perfection! If you’re looking for oodles and oodles of snowflake patterns, then the Snowflake Patterns blog is for you!
Which of these patterns calls to you the most? I was thinking to whip up a giant one to use as a wreath on my front door. Decisions, decisions!
More for you:
12 Awesome Things to Make with Fat Quarters (that require minimal sewing!)
12 Best Free Crochet Apps
Yarn Hacks Every Crocheter and Knitter Needs to Know
19 Secret Shopping Hacks for Saving Money Shopping at Kohl’s