Another quick, easy, and tasty casserole recipe! This one is good for those nice and lazy evenings that you’re craving some comfort food, but don’t want to work hard for it. Usually pretty cheap to make as well, which is always a plus.
Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole
Here’s what you’ll need:
- – 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (thawed)
- – (1) 10 oz. can of cream of chicken soup (or make your own!)
- – 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed veggies
- – 3/4 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- – 1/2 onion (diced)
- – 1 tsp minced garlic (or 1/8 tsp of garlic powder)
- – 1 1/3 cup water
- – 1 cup shredded cheese
- – 1 cup french fried onions
- – Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In baking dish mix together soup, rice, veggies, onion, garlic, salt & pepper, and water. Lay (uncooked) chicken breasts on top of rice mixture. Season top of chicken if desired, cover, and bake for 45-55 minutes.
Lastly, top with cheese and french fried onions and bake for an additional few minutes (uncovered) or until the fried onions start to turn a nice brown color. Let stand for 5 minutes or so.
I think you’re gonna like how easy this one is to throw together, enjoy!!