The weather is warming up which means that it’s almost time for swimsuits, sunscreen, pools, and sandy beaches. Get ready for the warmer weather now by crocheting a beautiful beach bag using one of these free beach bag crochet patterns!
12 Free Beach Bag Crochet Patterns
Whether you’re headed to the pool or you’re lucky enough to live near the beach, you are sure to find the perfect beach bag pattern among this list, and don’t forget to take your favorite floppy sun hat along for the ride!
1. My favorite in this list of beach bag crochet patterns is the Life’s a Beach Bag. It uses the star stitch which is fun, easy to learn, and gorgeous when worked up! There is a full video tutorial for this bag as well!
2. Another beautiful bag is the Day at the Beach Bag. How chic and fun, and certainly large enough!
3. This Crochet Beach Bag Pattern is super easy and large enough to hold all of your beachy needs.
4. I absolutely love the Classic Beach Bag from Yarn and Chai. Those rope handles really make it, don’t you think?
5. The Take Me to the Beach Tote uses a fun and quick shell pattern.
6. I love the look of this Big O’ Beach Bag! The colors are so fun and that drawstring design is genius!
7. The Lavender Fields Tote Bag would be great for heading to the market or the beach! Pack up your essentials and prepare for a relaxing day with your toes in the sand.
8. If you’re looking for a LARGE beach bag, the Bernat Beach Bag with Mat may be the one for you!
9. While not technically a beach bag, if you plan to take your crochet (I sure hope you do!) you’ll want to take along this Purple Passion Project Purse. Use it to hold your yarn, hook, and wip, and get to work while catching some rays! (with sunscreen, of course 😉 )
10. The colors of the Sand Dollar Beach Bag above are just GORGEOUS, aren’t they? I love the diagonal striping to this pattern, and the drawstring is beautiful!
11. If you’ve never worked with raffia before, you’re in for a treat with this Raffia Beach Bag. Isn’t this chic and fun?!
12. For a more openwork tote, consider the To the Beach Tote. Perfect for sunscreen and sunglasses, a book, and a hat!