Calling all yarn enthusiasts! Today we’re going to turn a decorative glass block into a too-cute DIY Yarn Fund piggy bank!
My husband and I recently finished my dream yarn room where we did most of the work ourselves, and while shopping for flooring we ran into a decorative craft glass block display. I had to buy at least one to turn it into my yarn fund piggy bank for my yarn room! Isn’t that fun?! What an inexpensive way to add some pizzazz to your crafting space – and then add to it!
DIY Yarn Fund Piggy Bank:
If you don’t have a vinyl cutting machine, we have the cut, prepared, and ready-to-apply vinyl for this project available in over a dozen colors here.
To apply the “YARN fund” vinyl:
- Using rubbing alcohol, clean the surface to which you will apply the decal.
- Using a credit card (or something similar) rub the decal to ensure strong adhesion for transfer.
- Slowly and carefully peel the clear top off of the white background (vinyl should stick to the clear).
- Carefully place the decal on the clean, dry surface and position.
- Again using your credit card, rub the decal to ensure strong adhesion to glass front.
Fill your new Yarn Fund piggy bank with any coins you find under the couch cushions, stuck between the car seats, or, if you’ve got kids like mine, crusted in the bottom of the cup holder of your car. 😛
If you don’t have access to a vinyl cutting machine, we have the decal available for purchase in over a dozen different colors!
If you’re feeling super crafty, we have more craft and DIY fun to keep you busy!
More DIY Fun:
Portable Photography Floor for Photo Staging
Dream Yarn Room + Craft Room DIY and Tutorials
How to Make Super Heavy Starch for Crafting
DIY: Toy Car Parking Garage
How to Make a Floating Cooler Using Pool Noodles
24 Hobby Lobby Savings Hacks You Need to Know
16 Ways to Save at Michaels
LET'S BE FRIENDS!
Would like to receive CROCHET tips, YARN hacks, new crochet PATTERN alerts, and the occasional RECIPE via email? Sign up here!