There’s nothing better than wearing one of your own creations, and that includes crocheted tank tops! This list of 14 amazing crochet tank top crochet patterns is sure to include a pattern that is perfect for your personal style, body type, and color preferences.
14 Amazing Tank Top Crochet Patterns
I was just thinking the other day about how versatile crocheted tank tops can be. No matter what my day looks like, business, casual, or date night, I can wear a tank top that I have crocheted and feel good about myself.
They can be accessorized with a chunky necklace for a night out on the town, or slip one of my many cardigans on to cover up a little. It doesn’t matter if it is cold or hot outside, crochet tank tops can make any outfit complete. Too hot? Just wear a tank top and stay cool. Too cold? Layer up with a jacket or a shawl and you’re good to go!
The best part of crocheting your own tank top is that you get to pick out the exact shade of yarn that you want. You don’t have to settle on what some clothing designer has chosen. So go to that yarn store and rub a skein of yarn on your arm to know what it will feel like when worn.
I’ve selected the following tank top crochet patterns based on their size inclusivity and because they are so cute! I hope you enjoy these patterns and they make you feel empowered when you wear them. Who doesn’t take extra pride in a stylish wearable that gets noticed?
1. Tunisian Sunrise Crochet Tank Top This tank top just looks like a perfect sunrise, doesn’t it? This is a beginner friendly Tunisian pattern that is available in sizes XS – 2XL.
2. Voluminous Tank If you’re looking for a truly flattering pattern for all sizes, then look no further. This pattern is available from sizes XS – 4XL.
3. Tunic Tank Top Make a matching outfit for you and your child. This is the kid’s version of the Voluminous Tank and is available in sizes 12 months – 10/12.
4. Beach Waves Crochet Dress, Tank Top, and Coverup There are three patterns in this one. Make it as long (dress) or as short (tank top) as you desire. Comes in sizes XS – 5XL.
5. Cold Shoulder Swimsuit Coverup This is another versatile pattern that can be made longer to be a swimsuit coverup or shorter to be a tank top. This pattern can be customized to fit most sizes and looks so chic.
6. Perfect Parfait Tank Top This is a sweet treat of a pattern. There’s three layers, but don’t worry about it being too heavy or hot. The layers are made to be breathable.
7. Diamond Summer Top Diamonds are a girl’s best friend and this pattern is no exception. The pattern is based on bust sizes and is available from 30/34 up to 46/48.
8. Isla Tank Top Open and airy, you can pair this one nicely with a cami and you can stay cool all day. Free pattern is written for size L, but more sizes are available.
9. Tunisian Crochet Summer Top So simple, yet so complementary. This pattern has sizes XS – 5XL, and would look great on any body type.
11. Melanie Tank Top This breezy top will be a perfect addition to your summer wardrobe. With sizes XS -5XL and instructions to make it longer for more coverage, this can be a tank top or a swimsuit coverup.
12. Mana Crochet Top With the little eyelets, this design has a delicate lace like appearance in the front. For sizes S -XL and has both written instructions and a chart depending on your preference.
13. Midnight Top I love the peek-a-boo effect this one has. It is made Raglan style and is stunning in sizes S – 2XL.
14. Peplum Summer Top I love how the flare at the bottom of this one compliments the hips. This design would look great with a little jean jacket in cooler weather too. Available in sizes XS -5XL.
I hope that you find the perfect tank top to crochet, and that you’ll share a photo with us in the Heart Hook Home Crochet Community on Facebook. ♥