Easter is right around the corner and it is never too early (or too late!) to get started crocheting this year’s Easter Basket. This list of 11 fun & free Easter basket crochet patterns is sure to have just the perfect basket for your little egg hunter!
11 Fun & Free Easter Basket Crochet Patterns
I remember the first years my kids really “got” the Easter Egg hunt. There’s nothing like watching their little faces light up with pure joy after finding yet another poorly hidden, candy-filled plastic egg and placing it in their basket, then moving on to find the next. Now that my boys are older they still participate in the egg hunt, but they also participate in a baseball game after the hunt has ended… using the eggs as baseballs. The catch? Some of the eggs are hard boiled before being dyed, and some of them are not. 😮 It is so fun to watch! (from a safe distance – lol!!)
Whether you’re crocheting to fill those Easter baskets, like the Easter Bunny Bookmark or the Quacktastic Bookmark, or you’re crocheting the actual Easter basket, it’s always fun to whip up a new crocheted item for the upcoming holiday! Take a look through this list of crochet patterns to find some inspiration!
1. The Chickadee Easter Basket by The Lavender Chair is a quick and easy project. I love his little tuft of feathers at the front and those buttons are the perfect eyes.
2. This Easter Bunny Basket by Petals to Picots sure is precious. Perfect for the smallest egg hunter in the family.
4. I love the simplicity of this Easter Basket by Vicky Sedgwick (third on list). It works up quickly because of the larger yarn used, and that flower is adorable.
5. Treatsie the Bunny Basket by Tracee Fromm uses the ears as a handle! How cute is he?! And since we’re using blanket yarn it works up super quick! Also, it gives us a reason to buy googly eyes. Bonus!
6. This Easter Basket by Yarnplaza.com reminds me of the woven plastic baskets my mom got us when we were kids. I love it! Note that for this one you’ll have to “order” the pattern (even though its free) and it appears to not recognize United States as a country. I’ve sent an email inquiring and will keep you updated if I hear back!
8. I like how the Easter Basket by Sam Sabido can be customized with different colored flowers (or no flowers at all) and the personalized stitches make this one stand apart from the rest. Either embroider the name on, or you could try your hand at top stitching!
9. If you’re up for a challenge, the Bunny Egg Basket is the project for you! If this is your first time using a chart, this would be great time to practice… I don’t think the kids will notice if you miss a stitch. 😉
10. The Crochet Mini Bunny Bag by Left In Knots is adorable and perfect for the junior egg hunter. Sling those ears/handles over the arm and off they go!
11. I’m thinking these Little Egg Baskets by Fiber Flux would be perfect for a few candies on Easter morning. Talk about a fast, fun Easter project!
I hope you found the perfect Easter basket crochet pattern for your little one among this list, and I can’t wait to see your creations! Make sure to share in the Heart Hook Home Crochet Community on Facebook so we can all see!